Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev told his mother he expected to die, federal prosecutors say.

Prosecutors say Tsarnaev emailed his mother in the hours before a shootout with police that he would see her in this life or the next one.

According to The Boston Herald, Tsarnaev "told her he loved her and ended with, ‘Inshallah (i.e. God willing) if I don’t see you in this life I will see you in the akhira (i.e. afterlife).'"

Prosecutors on Monday filed arguments opposing a motion by lawyers for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to suppress evidence seized from a Cambridge apartment where Tsarnaev once lived.

The U.S. attorney's office counters that Tsarnaev had essentially moved out of the apartment and thus had no expectation of privacy. They also say that since he did not expect to live, he had abandoned the expectation of privacy.

More On This...

    Tsarnaev awaits trial in November in connection with the fatal bombing.  Authorities say the Tsarnaev and his brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, built and planted two pressure cooker bombs near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013, killing three people and injuring more than 260.  Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty.

    Prosecutors said Monday that Tsarnaev's college friend identified him by name to a friend on a Russian social media site as the manhunt was under way, the Herald reported.

    Dias Kadyrbayev, 20, is accused of removing a laptop computer and a backpack containing fireworks from Tsarnaev's dorm room at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth after the FBI released photos of Tsarnaev three days after the bombing. Prosecutors say Tsarnaev had texted Kadyrbayev after the FBI released his photo and told him he could go to his room and "take what's there."

    Kadyrbayev, a native of Kazakhstan, testified during a hearing on his request to suppress statements he made to authorities. His lawyers have said he was not proficient enough in English to understand the written forms he signed or to understand his rights while he was being interrogated.

    Kadyrbayev described intense moments when police with long rifles and federal agents swarmed his apartment building on April 19, 2013, after authorities said Tsarnaev fled on foot following a gun battle with police in Watertown. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed during the shootout.

    The Associated Press contributed to this report.

    Click for more from The Boston Herald.