Ohio boy, 5, saves overdosed parents after walking two blocks, alone and barefoot, for help
Ohio police say a 5-year-old boy rescued his overdosing parents by walking two blocks, alone and in the dark, to alert a relative that he thought they were dead.
DEADLY U.S. HEROIN OVERDOSES QUADRUPLED IN FIVE YEARS, STUDY SHOWS
Officers arrived at the couple's home Thursday morning and found that they had overdosed on heroin, according to a Middletown Police Facebook post.
Emergency responders used a drug-overdose antidote to revive the unresponsive couple. Authorities found a 3-month-old baby girl sitting in a car seat nearby.
The couple, whom officials identified as Lee Johnson and Chelsie Marshall, acknowledged using heroin and were jailed on child-endangerment charges. The police department shared the story on Facebook, urging drug users to seek help and for their loved ones to help them.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.