Memphis couple’s heroin overdose outside store captured on video

A video of a Tennessee couple laying on the sidewalk unconscious from a suspected heroin overdose went viral and further showed a harrowing epidemic plaguing Americans.

According to WREG-TV, police said two witnesses claim two people “snorted some heroin” in a nearby Walgreens bathroom and began to have strange reactions on the sidewalk. Someone driving by saw them laying on the sidewalk at around 3:30 p.m. Monday and called 911

Memphis Fire was able to revive the husband and wife and were both taken to the hospital in noncritical condition, police said. The woman, Carla Hiers, had a warrant out for her arrest and she was taken into custody.

Courtland Garner, a bystander, recorded the scene on Facebook Live. The video has been seen more than 1 million times.

"What they were doing was children things. It was a spectacle. It made me laugh. They can help themselves," Garner told WREG-TV. "I know for a fact all the kids are on social media, and when kids see that video, you know what they are going to say? I don't want to look stupid like that I don't want to do those drugs."

Karen Morgan, a representative from Turning Point Recovery Memphis, said there has been an uptick in heroin overdoses.

"People tend to think they've done it to themselves. Well no they haven't. Their brains have been changed by the use of the chemicals," she said.

Click for more from WREG-TV.