The jury in the murder trial of a white former South Carolina patrolman who shot an unarmed black motorist saw a bystander's dramatic cellphone video of the shooting frame by frame Tuesday.

The video, which shows Walter Scott being shot five times in the back as he ran from a traffic stop, stunned the nation and was shared worldwide on the internet.

Former North Charleston patrolman Michael Slager faces 30 years to life if the jury hearing the trial agrees with the prosecution that Scott's slaying was murder.

Prosecution witness Anthony Imel, a forensic video analyst who works at the FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia, testified Monday and the jury was shown enhanced footage he made from the video taken the day the 50-year-old motorist was shot.

The prosecution, which is nearing the end of its case, also made available photo enlargements from the video portraying key moments of the struggle between the two men.

On Tuesday, defense attorney Andy Savage asked Imel why photos of other important moments, including the confrontation between Slager and Scott, were not produced. Imel said he produced 418 still images from the video footage but not all were introduced into evidence by the prosecution.

The defense contends that Slager shot Scott after Scott wrestled with the officer and got control of his stun gun.

All the video, including that which Imel enhanced, was introduced by the defense on Tuesday after sections of the video were played frame by frame. Savage said he wanted the jury to be able to see what was not presented Monday.

Later the prosecution had Imel instruct the jury on how to call up the video on a computer and said they could watch everything from the video at whatever speed they wanted during deliberations.

The prosecution has called 30 witnesses in the case and Solicitor Scarlett Wilson said the last prosecution witness was to be Bill Williams of Georgetown, South Carolina, who runs a company that performs video enhancement and does crime scene recreations.

With the jury out of the courtroom, Williams was called to the stand as attorneys questioned him about his credentials. No ruling was immediately made on whether he would be allowed to testify.