Houston Woman Hospitalized After 'Box of Chocolates' Explodes in Her Face
A Houston woman has been hospitalized after a package she received that looked like a box of chocolates exploded when she opened it.
Investigators said the box arrived to the victim's house a couple of weeks ago, but did not explode until she opened it Friday night, local station KTRK reported.
Friends of the women said her face was instantly pelted with nails and tacks, and shrapnel blew so high it landed on the roof of her home, the station reported.
Family members told KTRK that the woman, who is in her 60s, had surgery on Saturday but is in stable condition.
The house is owned an oil company executive, the station reported.