Rain, sleet, snow (or fire) the mail must get delivered.
A Detroit mailman Tuesday saved a woman in a house fire after he pulled the garden hose from the side of the house and used it to fight the flames on the second floor, MyFoxDetroit.com reported. Once the fire was contained and firefighters arrived, Darrian Crutcher continued to deliver the mail on his route.
"I said, 'OK, they’re there. The real firemen is here now so I can go ahead and do my job," he said.
Crutcher apparently noticed the fire and ran into the house. It is believed that the fire was caused by Carolyn Patterson, the homeowner, who burned incense. Patterson was in the house and "it was really burning."
"I know if I…if somebody seen me like that I wish they would do me like that, too," he said.