CONCORD, N.H. – The president of Dartmouth College says the Ivy League school will announce a sweeping plan next month to prevent and respond to sexual assault.
A lawsuit filed last month by seven current and former students accuses Dartmouth of ignoring years of harassment and assault by former faculty members in the school's psychology department.
College officials deny ignoring the complaints. In an email to the Dartmouth community Wednesday, President Philip Hanlon says the college will explain its actions soon in court filings. He says that he regrets the existence of an environment at odds with Dartmouth's values and that he shares the plaintiffs' goals for reform.
The new plan will be announced in January when students return to campus.