Backup Danny O'Brien threw three touchdown passes in a 45-point first half, and Maryland enjoyed its highest-scoring performance in 35 years, a 62-3 rout of Morgan State on Saturday night.

Playing on only four days rest after defeating Navy on Monday, the Terrapins (2-0) scored on their opening three possessions and added four touchdowns in the second quarter. That propelled Maryland to its largest victory margin since a 61-0 win over the Citadel on Sept. 13, 2003.

The 62 points was the most by the Terrapins in one game since a 62-24 win over Virginia on Nov. 22, 1975.

Maryland has already matched its win total from last year and owns its first winning streak since 2008.

Morgan State (1-1) gained only six yards in the first half and finished with 85.

Sophomore quarterback Donovan Dickerson went 2 for 14 with two interceptions before halftime and ended up 7 for 28 for 48 yards. This was the third straight season that the Bears, a member of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, faced a team from the FBS. They previously lost to Rutgers 38-0 and Akron 41-0.

Morgan State's lone score came on a 39-yard field goal by Kemar Scarlett in the third quarter.

O'Brien entered for starter Jamarr Robinson in the second quarter with the score 24-0. After handing off and running the ball, O'Brien unleashed first career throw: a 27-yard touchdown pass to wide-open tight end Matt Furstenburg.

A 37-yard punt return by Tony Logan led to a 24-yard TD pass from O'Brien to Torrey Smith, and O'Brien closed out Maryland's prolific first half by connecting with running back Da'Rel Scott on a 22-yard score.

Robinson also had his first game with multiple touchdown passes, connecting with Smith on a 5-yarder and Adrian Cannon for 19 yards to end Maryland's first two possessions.

Late in the first quarter, a 6-yard punt by the Bears set up a 47-yard field goal by Travis Baltz.

The Terrapins' next two drives concluded with an interception and a punt, but the defense remained relentless. With the Bears backed up on their own 11, Maryland's Demetrius Hartsfield intercepted a Dickerson pass at the 14 and coasted into the end zone for a 24-0 lead.

After the kickoff, Adrian Moten intercepted Dickerson on the next play to set up O'Brien's first touchdown pass.

In the second half, Maryland got a field goal from Baltz and two fourth-quarter touchdown runs by D.J. Adams.