Hollis Thompson regained his shooting touch with 18 points, and No. 14 Georgetown held Connecticut to season lows in scoring and shooting in a 58-44 victory Wednesday night, the Huskies' fourth straight loss.

Thompson went 7 for 15 from the field and grabbed nine rebounds. The Big East's top 3-point shooter went 3 for 7 behind the arc, matching the number of 3s from his last three games combined.

The Hoyas (17-4, 7-3), bouncing back from a subpar effort in a loss at Pittsburgh, led by 10 points at halftime and didn't allow the Huskies to get closer than six the rest of the way.

Henry Sims had 13 points for Georgetown and Jason Clark added 11.

A layup and jumper by Clark and an emphatic driving dunk from Sims restored Georgetown's momentum — and its double-digit lead — after UConn threatened to rally.

Andre Drummond scored 18 points, and Jeremy Lamb had 14 for the Huskies (14-7, 4-5), who shot 30 percent from the field in their first game since falling out of the Top 25.

UConn coach Jim Calhoun shook up his lineup after scoring only 48 points against Notre Dame on Sunday, starting freshman Ryan Boatright and sophomore Roscoe Smith in place of Shabazz Napier and Alex Oriakhi. Calhoun was hoping for more quickness and speed, but the Huskies didn't score a fast-break basket in the first half and had only four for the game.

Boatright didn't score, and Smith had only two points. Napier, who went 0 for 7 from the field against Notre Dame, missed all nine of his shots. Oriakhi came on to commit three of UConn's six first-half turnovers.

Even Lamb had a tough game, shooting 1 for 9 at in the first half and 4 for 18 for the game.

The lone spark for the Huskies was Drummond, a freshman who was unstoppable for the first 4 minutes. He dominated the paint for eight quick points to give UConn a 13-7 lead.

Then the Huskies went cold, missing 13 straight shots and 17 of 18. Georgetown took advantage, albeit slowly, meandering its way through a 24-8 run that really didn't get going until the final minutes of the half. A layup and a 3-pointer from Thompson, and a jumper and a layup from Sims helped put the Hoyas up 31-21 at halftime.

Thompson's 3-pointer gave Georgetown a 13-point lead early in the second half, and only then did UConn start to show signs of an organized offense. Dunks by Drummond and Lamb and a layup by Drummond off an alley-oop pass cut the lead to eight.

DeAndre Daniels' driving layup made it 45-39 with 7:43 to play, but Georgetown responded with a 10-2 run led by Clark and Sims.


Joseph White can be reached at http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP