Also, please scroll to the bottom of this article to see the latest tweets from Ryan Fowler (@FOXSportsFowler), D.J. Foster (@FOXSportsFoster), John Halpin (@jhalpin37), and myself (@FOXSportsMeyer). That way, if information surfaces for any last minute changes, you can see our thoughts instantly.
5 Things to Watch:
1. Here are the four games with the highest over/unders for Monday, provided by OddsShark...
|CLE/CWS (GM 2)||9|
2. There are two "early" games that I won't include for today's suggestions: COL/PIT and CLE/CWS (Game One of a doubleheader).
3. Clayton Kershaw (-350) is the most overwhelming favorite of the day. His Dodgers host the Reds. This season, at home, Kershaw is 4-1 with a 1.80 ERA with 54 strikeouts in 40 innings of work.
4. Rain is in the forecast at Target Field in the game between KC/MIN. They have one of the higher projected totals of the evening, so keep tabs on the radar in Minnesota.
5. For the fans of BvP...Alexei Ramirez is 10-17 (.588) with three extra-base hits against Johnny Cueto, Buster Posey is 6-10 (.600) with two home runs against Drew Pomeranz, and Ryan Howard is 16-45 (.356) with three homers against Mike Pelfrey.
D.J. Foster told you to invest in Thor and he threw the hammer down: 7 IP, 0 ER, and 11 Ks. Jonathan Schoop also added a homer for your offense.
Must-Start of the day: Buster Posey, SF
He's a lefty-killer and already has decent numbers against Pomeranz.
Deal of the day: Ryan Howard, PHI
Unfortunately, DraftKings doesn't recognize Game Two between CLE/CWS tonight. So, look for Howard to provide some pop and salary relief as you try to fit Kershaw into your lineups. Howard has a .221 ISO against righties and a decent BvP line against Pelfrey.
Avoid of the day: Steven Souza Jr., TB
He is 1-13 (.077) with six strikeouts against Wei-Yin Chen.
Stack of the day: Chicago White Sox
Cody Anderson has been putrid this season. Lefties are batting .347 and righties have a combined .373 AVG against him this year. Anyone, literally ANYONE, in the top six of the White Sox batting order is a great addition to any DFS lineup.
Clayton Kershaw, LAD - (See "5 Things")
Johnny Cueto, SF - When any pitcher gets the Padres, I consider them. When that pitcher is a stud, like Cueto, he's moves toward the front of the line.
Rich Hill, OAK - On DraftKings, pairing Hill with Kershaw will save you a little bit of money. Hill has struck out at least five batters in three consecutive starts. He's also allowed two earned runs or less in five of the last six outings. On April 9th, this was Hill's line against the Mariners: 6 IP, 1 ER, and 10 Ks.
Buster Posey, SF - "Must-start of the day"
Yasmani Grandal, LAD - He has a .222 ISO against left-handed pitchers this season.
Yan Gomes, CLE - He has a .193 ISO against right-handed pitchers in 2016.
Jose Abreu, CWS - Make him the centerpiece of your White Sox stack tonight.
Carlos Santana, CLE - He has a .311 ISO against righties this season.
Miguel Cabrera, DET - He has a .269 ISO against righties in 2016.
Ryan Howard, PHI - "Deal of the day"
Rougned Odor, TEX - He has a .231 ISO against righties this season.
Jason Kipnis, CLE - He has a .204 ISO against righties this year.
Todd Frazier, CWS - He has a .266 ISO against righties this season.
Nick Castellanos, DET - He has a .227 ISO against righties this year.
Adrian Beltre, TEX - He has a . 193 ISO against righties in 2016.
Corey Seager, LAD - He has a .311 ISO against lefties this year.
Yunel Escobar, LAA - He has a .267 ISO against southpaws this season.
Alexei Ramirez, SD - (See "5 Things")
Adam Eaton, CWS - He'll probably bat leadoff in my favorite stack of the day.
Trayce Thompson, LAD - He has a .306 ISO against southpaws in 2016.
Nomar Mazara, TEX - He has a .215 ISO against right-handed pitchers this year.
Kole Calhoun, LAA - He has a .369 wOBA against lefties and will probably bat towards the top of the Angels batting order tonight.
Leonys Martin, SEA - In the past week, Martin is 11-20 (.550) with three home runs.
Kike Hernandez, LAD - He'll likely bat leadoff and his has a .250 ISO against lefties this year.