Also, please scroll to the bottom of this article to see the latest tweets from Ryan Fowler (@FOXSportsFowler), D.J. Foster (@FOXSportsFoster), Adam Meyer (@FOXSportsMeyer) and me (@jhalpin37). That way, if information surfaces for any last minute changes, you can see our thoughts instantly.
Let's get to today's interesting facts, using DraftKings prices. We'll use DK's "all-day" slate, but note that it features four afternoon games and does NOT include Astros-Pirates - the first game is Rockies-Brewers at 2:10 p.m. ET. Please note that much of the information in this post is being published several hours prior to game times, so check MLB lineups later to confirm that any recommended players are included.
5 Things to Watch:
1. Kyle Hendricks ($12,900) is the day's biggest favorite at minus-270, with Jose Fernandez ($12,600) close behind at minus-250. Hendricks and Fernandez face the Padres and Royals, who rank 29th and 30th in hitting over the last month.
2. A pair of games have the highest projected run total of 9.5: Tigers-Twins (Boyd-Duffey) and Phillies-White Sox (Eickhoff-Shields). Royals-Marlins (Gee-Fernandez) is on the low end with a projected total of seven, but there are four games at 7.5.
3. Injuries, etc.: D-backs OF Yasmany Tomas left Tuesday's game with back stiffness, and is day-to-day ... A's SS Marcus Semien might be placed on the paternity list today ... Dodgers 2B Chase Utley is day-to-day with a sore foot ... Cubs OF Jorge Soler has missed three consecutive games due to a sore leg, and is day-to-day.
4. There's not much help on the BvP front today. The best we've got might be Kyle Seager ($3,900) having two homers on 12 at bats vs. Masahiro Tanaka, or Ryan Zimmerman ($4,800) being five-for-eight with four extra-base hits and three walks vs. Wade Miley.
5. Rich Hill ($9,400) comes off the DL to make his first start as a Dodger. Hill hasn't pitched since July 17, earning a spot in baseball lore for the longest blister recovery in MLB history. Unofficially.
D.J. Foster's recommendations will appear below later today!