5 Things to Watch:
1. The last time the Baltimore Orioles started a season 5-0, they won the World Series (1970). Today, they go for their sixth win, but are heavy underdogs against David Price and the Boston Red Sox.
2. Speaking of the Vegas lines, here are the three games with the highest over/under for Monday courtesy of OddsShark...
3. Colby Lewis. That name makes DFS-ers smile. Lefties crush him. Also, he faced the Mariners in his first start of the season: 6 hits, 3 walks, and 3 ER.
4. It was a less-than-stellar start for Wacha's 2016 campaign. He was rocked to the tune of four earned runs on 10 hits against the Pirates on the road. On the bright side, Wacha returns home. In his career, Wacha is 14-4 with a 2.69 ERA at Busch Stadium.
5. Before the trip to Colorado, the Padres didn't score a run. At Coors Field, they scored 32 runs in three games. Will they continue to rattle off runs or will they struggle to score, again?
D.J. Foster provided great plays over the weekend. On Sunday, Eugenio Suarez was the must-start of the day and he hit a home run!
Must-Start of the day: Robinson Cano, SEA
Last Wednesday, Cano homered against Colby Lewis. He is now 8-21 (.381) with three extra-base hits against Lewis.
Deal of the day: Aaron Nola, PHI
The top pitchers on the board won't give you much value or flexibility to add quality bats. Nola is an option that can provide a high upside and still allow you to spend big on the offense. In his first start of the season, Nola struck out eight batters in seven innings.
Avoid of the day: Curtis Granderson, NYM
Though Granderson has decent ISO and wOBA numbers against righties in 2015, his career stats against Jarred Cosart are terrible: 0-11 with two strikeouts.
Stack of the day: Detroit Tigers
Defiance, Ohio's Jonathon Niese pitches in Detroit for the first time. Unfortunately, for him, the Tigers offense thrives against left-handed pitchers. Justin Upton is also 9-26 (.346) when Niese is pitching to him. Build your DFS lineup with Upton, Miguel Cabrera, J.D. Martinez, and James McCann.
Aaron Nola, PHI - "Deal of the day."
David Price, BOS - He's only pitched one game as a member of the Red Sox, but Price loves playing in Boston. In his career visiting Fenway Park, Price is 6-1 with a 1.95 ERA in 11 outings.
Max Scherzer, WAS - He's the most expensive pitcher on the board, but for good reasons. The Nationals are the strongest favorite on the board (-250) and Scherzer struck out seven batters in seven innings against the Braves on Opening Day.
Michael Wacha, STL - (See 5 Things)
James McCann, DET - "Stack of the day."
Matt Wieters, BAL - In his career, Wieters is 15-44 (.341) with seven extra-base hits against David Price.
Miguel Cabrera, DET - "Stack of the day."
David Ortiz, BOS - Big Papi has a .413 wOBA and .320 ISO against righties in 2015.
Brandon Moss, STL - In 2015, he had a .194 ISO against righties.
Robinson Cano, SEA - "Must-Start of the day."
Dustin Pedroia, BOS - Boston is my second-favorite stack of the day. Pedroia has a .417 AVG in his career against Yovani Gallardo.
Kyle Seager, SEA - The Mariners are my third-favorite stack of the day. Seager is 10-29 (.345) with four extra-base hits against Lewis.
Matt Carpenter, STL - Last year, he had a .394 wOBA and .249 ISO against right-handed pitchers.
Miguel Sano, MIN - He had a .235 ISO against southpaws in 2015.
Carlos Correa, HOU - In a game with a high over/under, Correa will produce points since the Astros are predicted to score a lot of runs.
Ketel Marte, SEA - When Colby Lewis started earlier this season, Marte ended the game 3-for-4.
Justin Upton, DET - "Stack of the day."
J.D. Martinez, DET - "Stack of the day."
Mookie Betts, BOS - He had a .192 ISO against righties in 2015.
Yoenis Cespedes, NYM - Last year, he had a .261 ISO versus righties.
Colby Rasmus, HOU - Having a .243 ISO against righties in 2015 puts him on this list.
Randal Grichuk, STL - In 2015, he produced a .381 wOBA and .281 ISO when a righty was on the hill.
Mark Trumbo, BAL - He had a .237 ISO against left-handed pitchers last year.
Nelson Cruz, SEA - Great addition to a Mariners stack.