Alabama may have found its new big-play threat on the outside, as true freshman Calvin Ridley made several big plays to help the Tide to its 38-10 win at Georgia.
The Tide have been lacking a true downfield playmaker in the absence of Amari Cooper, but after Ridley's second reception of 45 yards or more stretched Alabama's lead to 24-3, the search may very well be over. Following his breakout performance, Ridley has been named the SEC Freshman of the Week.
• Freshman receiver Calvin Ridley caught five passes for 120 yards and a touchdown.
• Is the first true freshman receiver to have a 100-yard receiving game since Amari Cooper in the BCS National Championship Game against Notre Dame.
• The 120 yards was a career-best after having just 125 yards on the season entering the game.
• Two of his five catches were 45 yards or longer, with a 50-yard grab in the first quarter and a 45-yard touchdown in the second quarter.
• Averaged a career-best 28.75 yards per reception.
• Three of his five receptions converted first downs for the Crimson Tide.
• Has caught 19 passes for 223 yards in the last four games.