NASA's Mars Rover has captured the image of a rock that looks just like an iguana.
The iguana doppleganger was first spotted by the website UFO Sightings Daily who found the photograph on NASA's archives of dozens of images of the barren landscape surrounding the Curiosity Rover.
The reptile-shaped rock is not the first "animal" to be found on Mars. A rock shaped like a rat was discovered earlier this year.
"This is not the first animal found on Mars, actually there have been about 10-15 to date," UFO Sightings Daily coordinator Scott C. Warring told Canadian news site agoracosmopolitan.com. "I even found a rock that moved four times in four photos...then vanished on the fifth."
Proof of life on Mars or just a weirdly-shaped rock? Check out the images on NASA's website for yourself.
- Utah man’s creation may be largest amateur telescope ever built
- Russian fireball shows meteor risk may be bigger than once thought
- Earth 2? Scientists study rocky, Earth-sized planet 700 light years away
- Galaxy far, far away is farthest ever seen
- Best astronomy photos of the year named
- 10 bizarre real-life alien worlds
- Curiosity’s first year on Mars, in pictures