A Wish List for 2010's Fab Five
1) A federal shield law in the U.S. to enable journalists to protect sources without going to jail (thanks to the intensive efforts of Congressman Mike Pence and Senators Arlen Specter, Chris Dodd and Pat Leahy, and others who have helped protect independent reporting) and a new libel law in Britain that will end the U.K’s status as the planet’s Libel Tourism hub. (See Jeff Gerth’s stunning new article in The Sunday Times of London)
2) A National Infrastructure Bank, as endorsed by publisher and real estate maven Mort Zuckerman, former ambassador and Wall Street guru Felix Rohatyn, and many others.
3) Putting hero Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger in charge of the FAA, or any position of public responsibility.
4) More of Jude Law in Shakespeare plays.
5) Another White House war on Fox News. It did wonders for our ratings, and reminded Americans which network rankles the powerful and values skeptical journalism.