This Hispanic Heritage Month Fox News Latino takes you on culinary trip that will land on your cocina five mouthwatering dishes from our diverse and rich Latino cuisine. Enjoy!
1. 3 Haas avocados, diced
2. 1 ½ teaspoons red onion, finely chopped
3. 1 ½ teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
4. 1 cup tomatoes, diced
5. 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
6. 3 limes
7. ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
8. 1 tablespoon kalamata olives, finely chopped
9. ¼ cup cocktail shrimp, diced
10. 1 tablespoon cocktail sauce
11. Salt and pepper to taste
These ingredients will produce three distinctive guacamole recipes. Basic, Greek infused and Cocktail Shrimp infused.
1. Lay out three serving bowls and divide the first six ingredients evenly to each bowl.
2. Gently mix and mash the avocado, leaving some chunks whole.
3. To bowl number one, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. To bowl number two, fold in feta cheese and kalamata olives. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. To bowl number three, fold in cocktail shrimp and cocktail sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with tortilla and pita chips.
Makes three 1-cup bowls.