Sirloin steak is a rich source of protein. Protein critical for build cells, organs, hormones, enzymes, you name it.
It also contains plenty of vitamins and minerals which help reduce the risk of cancers, cardiovascular diseases, Alzheimer's dementia, nerve damage, etc. And it’s delicious is kept moist and seasoned well.
Make this yummy yet healthy dish on the grill (or oven) this summer.
- 1 pound sirloin steak, ½ inch thick, cut into strips
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into strips
- ¼ cup lite teriyaki
- Fresh pineapple chunks, optional
- ½ pound grape or cherry tomatoes
Chimichurri Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Combine all chimichurri ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Pour in a dish and set aside.
3. Cut steak and peppers into strips and place in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add tomatoes, teriyaki sauce, pineapple (if desired) and half the chimichurri sauce. Combine well.
5. Cut 4 sheets (approximately 12x12 or larger) of heavy duty aluminum foil or double up with regular foil. Divide ingredients among the four sections.
6. Wrap mixture, folding edges and ends tightly in order to create steam while cooking.
7. Place steak packets in medium/high grill and cook covered about 10 minutes. If wrapped tightly, packets will expand showing steam trapped inside.
8. Unwrap packets carefully and serve immediately with chimichurri sauce for dipping.
Alternate Cooking Option:
* Foil packets can also be cooked in a 450 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez.