Get all the latest news on coronavirus and more delivered daily to your inbox. Sign up here.
Grubhub has revealed the most popular takeout meals that customers are having delivered accross America, mapping out the most-ordered dishes by region.
The must-see list highlights the most popular foods ordered through the online food delivery service from March 16 to April 16, a month in which most Americans were social-distancing during the fight against COVID-19.
The data was calculated in comparison with the period three weeks prior, before the global outbreak of the novel coronavirus was declared a national emergency, a spokesperson for Grubhub confirmed on Friday in a report shared with Fox News.
According to the findings, Americans are going bonkers for breakfast while sticking closer to home. From coast to coast, breakfast foods were the most in-demand dishes to be delivered, Grubhub said. Sales of the following fares increased most significantly: sausage, egg and cheese croissants (316 percent); brisket burgers (144 percent); sausage, egg and cheese biscuits (136 percent); chicken Caesar salad (125 percent percent); and donuts (112 percent).
Keep reading for the most popular foods by region.
Comfort foods are trending in the Northeast
- Mac and cheese: 216 percent more popular
- Carne asada bowl: 196 percent more popular
- Cinnamon apple pie: 160 percent more popular
- Nashville hot chicken sandwich: 157 percent more popular
- Barbecue burger: 154 percent more popular
Midwesterners are craving sweet treats and savory bites
- Sausage egg cheese burrito: 250 percent more popular
- Glazed donut: 119 percent more popular
- Fried cheese curd: 110 percent more popular
- Red velvet cupcake: 93 percent more popular
- Spicy chicken wrap: 85 percent more popular
Southerners want Tex-Mex and traditional staples
- Burrito bowl: 298 percent more popular
- Grilled steak burrito: 249 percent more popular
- Sausage, egg, and cheese croissant: 244 percent more popular
- Waffle fries: 172 percent more popular
- Baby back ribs: 119 percent more popular
Out West, sandwiches are supreme
- Sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit: 205 percent more popular
- Spicy chicken sandwich: 158 percent more popular
- Pulled pork sandwich: 124 percent more popular
- Avocado bacon club: 121 percent more popular
- Loaded baked potato: 99 percent more popular
If you prefer to order with Uber Eats, check out the delivery service’s lookalike list of their most popular takeout meals in recent weeks.
Officially hungry now? Read on for these tips to safely getting food delivered amid the ongoing outbreak.