Mariah Carey is cancelling some of her shows in Latin America and is blaming promoters.
The “We Belong Together” songstress said promoter negligence forced her to cancel her upcoming tour dates in Brazil, Argentina and Chile, E! News reported.
"To all of my lambs in South America, I am devastated that a portion of this tour had to be cancelled," the 46-year-old singer told the website in a statement. “Thank you for all of the excitement and love—I hope to see you soon, my darlings!”
On Twitter, the singer shared the news, writing: “Devastated my shows in Chile, Argentina & Brazil had to be cancelled. My fans deserve better than how some of these promoters treated them.”
She did not give further details.
She then wrote: “I love my lambs in #SouthAmerica and will do everything I can to come in 2017 the proper way. Thank you for understanding. LYM, Te Amo MC”
I love my lambs in #SouthAmerica and will do everything I can to come in 2017 the proper way. Thank you for understanding. LYM, Te Amo❤️MC
Since tickets for the concerts had already gone on sale, the singer promises fans that they can get a full refund, E! New reported.
The singer, who is of Afro-Venezuelan descent on her father’s side, announced back in July she would be heading to Latin America this fall as part of her “Sweet Sweet Fantasy” tour. Despite the recent cancellations, the singer will still be performing in Mexico City and Monterrey in November.
The Grammy winner also has three performances scheduled in Hawaii in November before heading to New York’s Beacon Theater for a five-day Christmas concert series in December.
Carey will then return to Las Vegas in the spring of 2017 for her “#1 to Infinity” residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. The singer's series "Mariah's World" premieres Sunday, Dec. 4 on E!