Updated

Just hours after his arrest for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl, Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor was dropped as a spokesman from weight loss company NutriSystem.

“We are shocked and saddened by these very serious allegations against Lawrence Taylor,” a rep for the company tells TMZ. "Based on the severity of these allegations, Nutrisystem has made the decision to sever our relationship with Mr. Taylor effective immediately."

NutriSystem wasted no time replacing any images of Taylor with MLB player Matt Stairs.

Taylor, the 51-year-old former New York Giant who has faced drug and tax evasion charges in the past, paid the girl $300 for sex in a Holiday Inn, where he was arrested early Thursday, said Christopher St. Lawrence, supervisor of the town of Ramapo.

Ramapo Chief of Police Peter Brower said Taylor was cooperative when police woke him up around 4 a.m. Taylor was arraigned Thursday on charges of third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute.

"I'm not that important," Taylor told a scrum of media after being released on $75,000 bail.

His attorney, Arthur Aidala, said Taylor is a "loving family man" who did not have sex with the teenager.

Taylor was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1999 and competed in ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" last year. He had a highly publicized struggle with drug addiction and has had multiple legal run-ins since retiring from football.