Christina Grimmie remembered at vigil as VidCon increases security following her death

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Family, friends and fans gathered for a candlelight vigil in the New Jersey hometown Christina Grimmie, a singer who was shot dead as she signed autographs for fans following a Florida concert.

Hundreds paid tribute to 22-year-old Monday night in Evesham Township at the town's Memorial Complex, where photos of her graced the field.

Authorities said Grimmie was gunned down by Kevin Loibl Friday night as she signed autographs after performing at a show in Orlando. A motive for the shooting has not been determined. Authorities said she had no personal connection to Loibl, who fatally shot himself after being tackled by her brother Marcus.

"She loved this town," Marcus Grimmie told the crowd. "She loved this state. She loved singing. She loved the Lord and she loved me. She was my baby sister."

Grimmie was a YouTube star who was widely known from her appearances on NBC's "The Voice" two years ago.

VidCon, an annual conference in California for YouTube and other viral sensations, announced on Monday it will increase security following Grimmie's murder.

The convention, which is at the end of June, announced the new security measures on Tumblr explaining, “Previously, after panels many fans have come up to give creators gifts or letters or to ask questions and talk. This will no longer be a thing. Creators wont be able to linger after panels and the audience will not be allowed to approach the panelists. This sucks... but it is unfortunately necessary.”

Earlier Monday pop star Adam Levine, who mentored Grimmie when she finished third on "The Voice," offered to pay funeral expenses.

Grimmie lived in Evesham, a small community about 20 miles from Philadelphia, before moving to Los Angeles in 2012.

"It doesn't seem real," close family friend Hope Compton told the Courier-Post. "But we'll see her again in heaven."

Compton told the newspaper that she flew to California to be with Grimmie's mother after the shooting and flew back with her Monday afternoon.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.