A Wisconsin family's dog was reportedly rescued on Tuesday by firefighters who used artificial respiration to save the yellow Labrador after it had become trapped during a house fire.
Firefighters responding to a fire on the second floor of a home at South Sixth Avenue and Callon Street in Wausau found the dog -- 7-year-old Coda -- sitting in a rocking chair, likely in shock, the Wausau Daily Herald reports.
The dog was then carried outside, where firefighters performed mouth-to-nose artificial respiration and placed an oxygen mask typically intended for humans over the dog's nose.
Firefighters Jamie Giese and Jared Thompson said they both had no normal training in animal rescue.
"It was all improvised," Giese told the newspaper.
Thompson, meanwhile, said he remembered a few tips from the former television show "Rescue 911."
The dog was taken to a nearby animal hospital, where it spent the night to recuperate.
Dwight Borchardt, 17, who returned home from walking the family's other dog -- Cooper -- to find smoke throughout the second story, was not injured in the blaze. The family's two cats -- Lavender and Mocha -- were also unharmed.