“Married at First Sight” is now 0 for 3.
After newlyweds Davina Kullar and Sean Varricchio decided to divorce in last week’s season finale of the A&E reality show, and the news Monday that Jessica Castro has filed a restraining order against estranged hubby Ryan De Nino, the sole remaining couple from “Married at First Sight” said that they, too, have split.
Jaclyn Methuen and Ryan Ranellone revealed that they are no longer together in Tuesday night’s “6 Months Later” reunion special, with Ranellone admitting that he lost interest in the marriage after the cameras stopped rolling.
“I’m guilty of not making a tremendous effort,” said Ranellone, who struggled during the six-week experiment with moving away from his mother and young niece in Long Island.
Methuen had been single for seven years and was not initially attracted to her groom when she met him at the altar, but her feelings for Ranellone grew and the two eventually consummated their relationship.
“I would have done anything to make this relationship work,” Methuen during the two-hour special. “He just says words with no action behind them. He let months go without reaching out to me. He didn’t put in any effort after the six weeks.”
The couple — who talked warmly during the episode — admitted they still have a strong friendship, and Ranellone seemed open to perhaps giving their relationship another go in the future, saying at the end of the episode, “If I have to earn your respect back whether you’re my wife or my friend. Let’s just give it a shot.”
But it was apparently too late for Methuen, who admitted Ranellone hurt her “in every possible way” and confirmed that she is single in a tweet posted after the episode aired, which was later deleted.
With all three newlywed pairs headed toward divorce, only two couples from the first season of “Married at First Sight” — Doug Hehner and Jamie Otis, and Jason Carrion and Cortney Hendrix — remain together.