Seagull dyed orange after falling into vat of curry

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A seagull was dyed bright orange after he plunged into a vat of chicken tikka masala at a food factory in Wales.

The bird fell in while trying to scavenge a piece of meat from a bin on Monday.

He was rescued by staff and picked up to be cleaned by a volunteer for Vale Wildlife Hospital near Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire.

Washing up liquid was used to remove the bright orange pigment from his feathers - but it failed to wash away the smell of curry.

Veterinary nurse Lucy Kells said: "We had never seen anything like it before.

"The thing that shocked us the most was the smell. He smelled amazing, he really smelled good."

The bird, which has since been nicknamed Gullfrazie on Facebook, will remain at the centre until he is well enough to be released.

"I think he has been put off spicy food but otherwise he seems to be doing really well," Mrs Kells added.

Click for more from Sky News.