DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – The Saudi Interior Ministry says a member of the extremist Islamic State group was in contact through a social networking application with a Syrian asylum-seeker who blew himself up outside a bar in southern Germany, injuring 15 people.
The Interior Ministry told The Associated Press on Sunday that a Saudi phone line was used to communicate with the attacker in Germany, but that the number was not registered to a Saudi national. It didn't provide further details.
The attack last month in Ansbach, which killed the assailant Mohammad Daleel, was claimed by IS.
German security officials have said that until shortly before the attack Daleel was communicating with somebody in the Middle East.
The Saudi kingdom said it's in contact with German authorities and both sides are investigating the case.