Mozambican businessman, who was abducted last month, is released, authorities say

Authorities in Mozambique say a wealthy businessman, who was kidnapped last month, has been released.

Interior Minister Alberto Mondlane said Saturday that Mohamed Bachir Suleman, who had been accused by the U.S. government of being an international drug trafficker, had been freed by his captors.

Mondlane said Suleman was in police custody, helping authorities to identify the men who had kidnapped him.

Suleman was kidnaped by several men with assault rifles in the parking lot of a shopping mall that he owns in the Mozambican capital, Maputo. Officials said they did not receive any ransom demands from the kidnappers.

Suleman's abduction was the latest in an increasing number of kidnappings targeting wealthy figures in Mozambique.