BEIRUT – The governor of the central Syrian province of Homs says a cease-fire has been extended for three days as of Thursday.
Gov. Talal Barrazi says that as long as there are people who want to leave rebel-held besieged areas in Homs the truce will be extended.
An official at Barrazi's office said there were no evacuations of Homs on Thursday.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity in line with regulations, said evacuations are expected to resume on Friday. It was the second extension since the truce went into effect last week.
Hundreds of civilians have been evacuated from Homs since Friday when a rare cease-fire went into effect.
The cease-fire expired on Wednesday night.