A skimpily-clad barista in Modesto, California, was calm under pressure earlier this week when a man held a gun to her head and threatened to kill her.
She told him that he would have to wait his turn while she helped a drive-thru customer.
According to Pink Pantherz Espresso employees, the suspect was a regular at coffee shop, the gimmick of which is that the female baristas wear bikinis or lingerie while serving coffee.
According to Modesto Police Department spokeswoman Heather Graves, the suspect, 43-year-old Jorge Carrillo, had been to the business twice that day, and he returned a third time with a gun.
When told to wait, Carrillo left the coffee shop and went next door to the Family Dollar store while the barista called the police.
- Curvy bikini model charged in $2 million identity-theft ring in New York
- Mexicana Flight Attendants Turned Calendar Girls Feud after Success
- Jobless Mexicana Flight Attendants Pose for Calendar
- Sexy ‘Agua Pura Brasil’ Bikinis
- Naja, Lingerie With A Philanthropic Twist
- Bikini invasion: Swim Week takes over Miami Beach
Officers arrived just as the suspect was returning to Pink Pantherz.
Carrillo was arrestd on suspicion of attempted murder, possession of a loaded and concealed firearm, possession of a knife, possession of brass knuckles and making criminal threats.
“You never know what you are going to get when people walk up to the window,” Marisa Pinedo, a co-worker of the victim, told the Modesto Bee. “Sometimes people get the wrong impression because of what we wear. They want us to dance or strip for them and get offended when we say 'No.'"