UNITED NATIONS – Syria's foreign minister says his government is satisfied with the U.S.-led bombing campaign against the Islamic State group, which has aligned Damascus with Western and Arab opponents in fighting the same enemy.
Walid al-Moallem says in an interview with The Associated Press that Syria heard from the United States 24 hours before it launched its initial salvo last week.
He said Monday the U.S. does not inform Syria of every strike before it happens, "but it's OK."
"We are fighting ISIS, they are fighting ISIS," he said, referring to the group by one of its acronyms.
Al-Moallem spoke as U.S.-led coalition airstrikes targeted towns in northern and eastern Syria controlled by the Islamic State group, including one strike that Syrian activists said hit a grain silo and reportedly killed civilians.