BEIRUT – A rebel-held village in northwestern Syria on Thursday was attacked in an airstrike shortly after Muslims broke their Ramadan fast after sunset, according to a human rights group in the country.
The attack killed at least 35 and wounded dozens, including children, reports said.
Such airstrikes have been relatively uncommon in recent months in the rebel-held province of Idlib, which is part of a de-escalation zone agreed on last year by Russia, Turkey and Iran.
Tens of thousands of Syrians displaced from other parts of the country have settled in Idlib province over the past two years, making it the largest populated area of Syria out of the government’s control, Middle East Eye reported.
Since 2011 when Syria’s war began, more than 350,000 people have been killed, the report said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.