AIKEN, S.C. – A sheriff in South Carolina says deputies found no trace of a gunman that had been reported by a 9-year-old student at an elementary school.
Sheriff's Capt. Charles Barranco said Redcliffe Elementary School in Aiken was locked down Tuesday after the student said he had seen a man with a gun at the school.
Barranco says deputies swept through the entire school and grounds but could find no one with a gun.
He says children were being released to their parents Tuesday afternoon at the school.