Helicopter video of a high-speed police pursuit from Massachusetts to New Hampshire shows a driver stepping slowly out of his truck, kneeling and putting his hands on the ground before several officers rush him and start pummeling him.

The driver was taken into custody by local police on Wednesday, but Massachusetts state police, who were involved in the pursuit, said they'll review whether the force used was appropriate.

The chase started Wednesday afternoon when Richard Simone, of Worcester, Massachusetts, refused to stop for local police in Holden, said Massachusetts state police. Simone was wanted on multiple warrants for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, larceny and failure to stop for police, they said.

Holden police chased him, and a Massachusetts state police cruiser followed, they said. The chase went through several towns at speeds exceeding 100 mph, with the pickup truck "making abrupt lane changes as the (suspect) continued to try to evade capture," police said in a statement.

The chase ended in a residential area in Nashua, New Hampshire, about 50 miles northeast of where it started.

News helicopter video shows the pickup truck stop next to a utility pole on a dead-end street before police officers surround it with their weapons drawn. The driver steps from the truck, gets onto the ground and is on all fours and lowering himself when the officers set upon him, throwing punches.

Simone was taken into custody by Nashua police, who haven't returned phone calls seeking comment on the chase and Simone's treatment.

Simone couldn't be reached for comment while in custody Wednesday night. A phone number listed for him has been disconnected.

The vehicle pursuit will be reviewed by the Massachusetts state police's pursuit committee, which is routine procedure after pursuits. Additionally, the state police said they will review Simone's apprehension "to determine whether the level of force deployed during the arrest was appropriate."

Simone will face additional charges related to the pursuit, the Massachusetts state police said. It's unclear where and when he'll be arraigned, but it likely will be in New Hampshire first, they said.