Police investigating death of man at Hollywood Hills home of oil fortune heir Andrew Getty

A man was found dead Tuesday in the Hollywood Hills home of Getty oil fortune heir Andrew Getty, but officials didn't say if the body was that of J. Paul Getty's grandson.

A woman calling to report that someone had died sent officers to the gated home on Montcalm Avenue shortly after 2:15 p.m. They found the man dead in a bathroom, police spokesman Jack Richter said.

Los Angeles County coroner's officials will determine how he died, Richter said.

Richter and other police officials would not immediately confirm media reports that the dead man was Getty, 47.

The woman was interviewed by investigators but not arrested, Richter said. He said he did not know her identity.

Police Cmdr. Andrew Smith said the woman was cooperating with the investigation.

Getty is one of four sons of Gordon Getty, a San Francisco multibillionaire who is among the richest men in the United States.

Coroner's vans and news trucks were parked outside the century-old luxury home on one of the winding roads in the hills that are home to many of the film industry elite.

Calls to numbers associated with Andrew Getty and Gordon Getty were not immediately returned.

A man who answered the door at the Getty family's San Francisco home said the family didn't have a statement at this time. A lawyer listed in court records as an attorney for Andrew Getty also had no comment.

Andrew Getty's grandfather J. Paul Getty was an industrialist who founded the Getty Oil Co. and was at one point named the richest living American by Fortune magazine. He had five sons and died in 1976 at age 82.

J. Paul Getty was an avid collector of art and antiquities, and the Getty name is best known in the Los Angeles area for the museum that houses much of it, along with many other high-priced artworks bought since his death.

Another Getty grandson, J. Paul Getty III, died in 2011 at age 54 after losing an ear in a grisly kidnapping in Rome when he was a teenager. The family reportedly stalled on paying a ransom, and the kidnappers cut off part of his ear, sending the severed organ to a newspaper to prove they had taken him captive.

The oil heir, then 16, was freed after five months in captivity and a payment of $2.7 million.