A Texas teen died Sunday morning while using her cellphone in a bathtub, according to reports.
Madison Coe, 14, was electrocuted taking a bath at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico, news station KCBD reported.
Relatives told KCBD that the accident was caused either when she plugged in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbing the phone as it was being charged.
The 14-year-old, who is from Lubbock, Texas, had recently graduated from eighth grade at Terra Vista Middle School.
“It is with heavy hearts that Frenship Independent School District mourns the loss of Madison Coe. We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together,” district officials said in a statement.
Friends created a GoFundMe page Sunday to raise money for her funeral.