Washington House Fire Sparked by Dog's Water Bowl
BELLEVUE, Wash. – The Bellevue Fire Department says a sunny day and a dog's water bowl caused the fire that charred the back of a home.
Lt. Eric Keenan says investigators determined the glass bowl of water magnified the rays enough to start the Sunday afternoon fire on the wood deck.
There was no wiring or other possible cause.
The homeowners were away, but neighbors noticed the smoke and flames.
The family dog was rescued. Damage is estimated at $215,000.