Pet Python Has Surgery After Eating Queen-Size Electric Blanket

Apparently its eyes are bigger than its stomach.

A 12-foot-long Burmese python needed surgery after it swallowed an entire queen-size electric blanket — with the electrical cord and control box.

The snake's owner in Idaho says the blanket must have gotten tangled up in the snake's rabbit dinner. The blanket was in the cage to keep the snake warm.

X-rays showed the tangle of blanket wiring extending through about eight feet of the python's digestive tract. The surgery to remove it took two hours.

The vets say they had never operated on a snake before — but they called some specialists who "told us where to go in." They say the snake's prognosis is "great."

The 60-pound snake named Houdini has been with his owner for 16 years, and is a popular show-and-tell guest in Idaho schools.