Welcome to the PC&G blog!
My name’s Liz, and I scour the Web for cool sites — not all of them make it into our weekly video package, so we’re posting them right here. I’ll post my finds daily.
Got something you think we should see? Send me an e-mail at email@example.com!
Thursday, May 31, 2007
• Dodgeballs — Here's simplicity at its finest. Take the blue ball and make sure to avoid hitting all the red ones. The longer you last, the more balls you will have to dodge.
• The Luigi Story — Here's the untold story of Luigi Segali, and the truth behind his bitterness.
• Puppy War — It's "Hot or Not" ... for puppies! But I'm not really sure it's fair to call one cuter than the other. I mean, isn't that like telling a woman she has an ugly baby?!
• 9-Ball — Never quite understood how to play this game ... until now! But if you think you're a pro, make sure to take the guidelines off it makes it a lot harder.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
• Hey Ya! — An awesome acoustic version of Outkast's "Hey Ya!"
• Warning — Here's a bunch of STUPID product warnings, 'cause, yes, I didn't know you shouldn't blow-dry your hair while showering.
• Swimming Cat — Wouldn't want this 10-foot Bengal tiger in my pool!
• Photo Hunt — It's just like the touch screen version you find in most bars, but a little less raunchy ... and it's FREE!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend ... I know I did! But, it's great to be back, so here's a few sites to get you through the day. Liz
• Telemarketers — See what happens when the tables turn for this telemarketer. I'm not going to lie, the beginning is a little slow, but it gets pretty good if you hang in there.
• Larry Carlson — WARNING: This site may cause seizures and/or mild flashbacks.
• The Coolest Pics — I loved the sports pictures, but I'm pretty sure some have been doctored, and that’s a good thing.
Friday, May 25, 2007
The long holiday weekend is coming up and I'm excited, but I will not be updating the site until Tuesday, May 29, so here's a bunch of sites that should last you until then. Enjoy the holiday! Liz
• Tsunami — Pictures of an ice tsunami in Antarctica Didn't know it was possible, but it's interesting!
Suggested by Chip from Washington D.C.:
• Wii Healthy — Couch potatoes, this one is for you! An entire exercise based around playing Nintendo's Wii. I'd consider trying the program myself, but since I was injured the first time I played, I'm thinking I should just stick to the gym.
• Music Mesh — All right, this one looks a little complicated, but it's pretty cool. This site's mixing your favorite music with the hottest YouTube videos, including live performances, music videos and hysterical lip-synching.
• Change Me — This is an awesome website! Not only is the design great, but it's also for a good cause. Pick a picture from Getty Images that inspires you, then write why and hit submit. For every submission, $10 will be donated to Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, TB and Malaria. Or get inspired yourself by reading others submissions.
• Endless Zombie Rampage — And yes, it's as fantastic as it sounds.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
• Enhancements — Here's one that's sure to get a giggle out of you. Just make sure you take the time to actually read these ...
• Passive Aggressive —I hate to say it, but I'm guilty as charged. I’ve left a nasty note, or two, for my roommates before, but they had it coming and that’s why I love this blog! User-submitted 'notes' and the stories behind them. Maybe I should leave one for whoever stole my yogurt today. THEIVES!
• I Like Paint — To color like I was a kid again, how fantastic would that be? Yeah, well get excited, 'cause now you can and it’s all virtual!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
• Go Away Paris — Yes, Paris Hilton needs to go away, and here's a fantastic music video which explains why.
Suggested by Vinny from New Jersey:
• Bad Drivers — Bad Drivers – Now I know it’s stereotypical to say that ALL female drivers are bad (which is why I object) but these ten ladies are just putting us to shame!
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
• Sweet Euphoria — You know that feeling when you've had just enough to drink not too much, or too little but that "just right" amount that gives your eyes a twinkle, and makes your jokes sound ten times better? Well, here's a mathematical approach to maintaining that buzz all night long. Now, I didn't major in math, so to me, this is a bunch of blah blah blah who cares ... but it's funny that someone would take the time to figure it out.
• 50 States — Here's the deal you have 10 minutes to enter as many of the 50 states as you can ... no Googling the answer! I'll be honest I missed 9, but that's only because I can't spell! And believe me, this is harder than it seems.
• New York To Paris — This is kinda funny Google Maps actually gave driving directions to Paris, France. If you plan on traveling there, it should take you approximately 29 days and 7 hours! If you don't want to read the entire thing, make sure you read step 24; why they didn't just tell you to drive to an airport and jump on a plane is beyond me..
Monday, May 21, 2007
• Trash Talk — Ok, I’m not trying to be preachy, but do we seriously waste this much? The stats are interesting, so check it out.
• Texas Hold-Em — Test your Texas Hold-Em skills! Mine, well, they suck, which is probably why I don’t gamble. Let me just tell you, I know NOTHING about this game.
• Dopie Wear — What the heck is going on with fashion these days? Not only are these the fugliest (yes I said it, because ugly just didn’t do it justice) shoes I’ve EVER seen, but they make your feet look like a freakin' Ninja Turtle! On another note ... these shoes DO NOT make anyone look cool! I don’t care if you're Brad Pitt walking down the street, rocking a pair of these bad boys, I’d still stop, point and laugh straight in your face. But, hey, who am I to judge? Maybe I’m the one with no style. Let me know what you think!
Friday, May 18, 2007
• Perfect Analogies — This is education at its finest. Here’s a brief list of some hysterical analogies written by high school students, and here’s a few that left me chuckling: “The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the period after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can” and, “Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.” So these are probably all fake, but it’s still very entertaining.
• Glass Illusion — Oh, they don’t have me fooled! Take a look at this illusion … and I use that word lightly since I TOTALLY figured it out. Let me know if YOU get it.
• Prank Vote — Oh, this is PRICELESS! Poor Ernie … or maybe not.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
• Bumper Stickers — In the mood for a witty slogan or bumper sticker? Come on, who’s not? Here’s a gigantic list that should keep you busy for a little while.
• The Pattern Game — This is absolutely mesmerizing! It’s pretty simple just move your mouse around to control the design, click anywhere on the screen to change the lines’ appearance, or click on the circles in the bottom left-hand corner to add or subtract lines. Believe me, this is pretty trippy.
Suggested by Ken from New York, New York:
• One Thousand Rockets — Yes, this is what happens when you launch 1,000 model rockets simultaneously.
• Dirty Art — It’s not what you’re thinking, but just as cool. Here’s an artist that uses your dirty car as his canvas. Yeah, it’s a lot more interesting than your average “wash me” announcement on a filthy windshield.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
• Celebrity Look-a-Likes — It’s true some celebrities look like other celebrities, and it’s hysterical. I would give you my favorites, but some are just a little too vicious. I will give you some hints though look for Tootsie, Quasimodo, Barney Fife and any comparison with John Kerry. Believe me, there’s more than one.
• Monobrow — Games and videos for all those with a monobrow - a.k.a., unibrow! (A.k.a. get that thing waxed!)
• Balance — This game drove me absolutely crazy, but I couldn’t stop playing. Use your mouse to balance the weight and see how many points you can rack up. My highest was 1249, which I thought was good until I went to submit my score to the score board … yeah, I’m not as good as I thought I was.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
• It’s Me, Mario — This Flash game gives sweet old Mario a sadistic edge and I like it. Will Luigi?
• More Crazy Guitars — All right, if you liked Exotic Guitars, then you will love this site. My favorite’s the “Goldfish” acoustic, but it’s one-of-a-kind and not for sale, so it looks like I won’t be adding that to my nonexistent guitar collection.
Monday, May 14, 2007
• The Every Man — Here's an awesome online photography contest. They're currently accepting submissions for 2007, so send in your stuff and then look at last year's gallery of winners. Some of them are really incredible.
• What Accent Do You Have? — OK, either I don't know how to answer these questions properly, or this quiz is bogus. I've taken it twice; the first time it said I sounded like a southerner and the second time it told me I sounded like I was from Minnesota! Way off — I'm from New Jersey and my accent proves it — it's so bad that I've even been called out on it at a bar asking for a glass of water.
Friday, May 11, 2007
• Where Did the Time Go? — I know I have absolutely no idea. But according to this site, I’ve slept off the last 14.5 years, and I've had a hangover for 11.6 months — yeah I think that explains it all.
• 3D Missiles — My hand-eye coordination must be off ... probably 'cause it’s Friday and I’m functioning in weekend mode. I couldn’t even get through the practice level — that’s sad. The point is to navigate through the tunnel without crashing into anything. Good luck, and let me know how you do.
• Small World — Call me slow, but this one took me a while to figure out. Here are pics of real places that have been Photoshopped to LOOK like toy models. (Thanks Jason for the explanation.) Whoever did this did an amazing job.
• Castles Made of Sand — I don’t really think these were the castles Jimi Hendrix was singing about, but they’re still pretty awesome.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
• Free Paris? — Now who the hell would wanna do that? I bet she's never even washed her own clothes — I think a few days in the slammer is just what she needs to knock her back down to reality. Sign a petition to keep her behind bars, or be one of the few who try and save her.
• Mini Putt Putt — Wow, I'm the worst at mini golf ... in real life AND online! I just got a whopping 65 points, but it's not my fault — those damn windmill things really screw up your game.
• Radio Prank — Here's a radio prank gone completely wrong. Poor guy ... I bet he didn't even see it coming.
• Baby Parrot — Now this is just gross. If this is what a parrot looks like right after it's hatched, then I say keep them in isolation 'til they get their feathers. Yuck.
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
• Unphotographable — The concept of this site is a little out of the ordinary, but very interesting. A photographer started this blog back in 2004 and it catalogs everyday life experiences that were NOT captured on film. It’s an interesting idea and his stories are truly unique; it had me reading for a while.
Suggested by Chaz from Towanda, PA:
• Gender Genie — Ever wonder what gender an anonymous writer was? Well now you can find out! This site takes text from non-fiction, fiction and blogs and determines whether the author is male or female. It may seem a little pointless, but I have to say it's pretty accurate. For the most part, my blog is mostly feminine.
Suggested by Taryn from Staten Island:
• Sweet Sushi — Now sushi is not my favorite food, but I would not oppose eating these tasty candy treats. Swedish Fish are AMAZING!
Tuesday, May 8, 2007
• Ice Caves — This site is pretty short, but absolutely breathtaking.
• Guitar Vids — I love guitars and the boys that play them! While I can't rock out myself (due to a lack of musical talent), I like to check out those that can. My favorite video on the site is "Guitar Kid" — at 14-years-old, he has some MAD guitar skills! Can you smell my jealousy? And, with my boss' recommendation, I suggest "Dreaming By Schumann," an amazing display of classical talents.
• Amazing Graffiti — You absolutely need to check out this site — the photos of this NYC building are incredible. The site's creator found the building while riding the "L" subway line into Queens. While he did stop to get great shots, he steered clear of the unsafe blocks. Thus, he didn’t capture all of the building's sides on film — but I still think you can envision the whole picture by just looking at a few angles. Let me know what you think of it!
Monday, May 7, 2007
• Spin — A short film in which one DJ has the ability to change the course of action — no easy task. This site has been around for a while. It definitely deserves all the acclaim it has received, and your time if you haven't seen it. Here's what Double Edge Films has to say about the film's success:
"Spin has done exceptionally well on the web and in festivals. It has played at over 65 festivals around the world and has won over 35 awards. It has been out online for almost two years now and shows no signs of slowing down as it manages to pop up on blogs and websites about everywhere. Spin has played on German television to 34 million people and will be on the PBS show "The Short List" this year. It is definitely a testament to the power of viral video on the Internet." — Kiowa K. Winans, Double Edge Films
Suggested by Ethal from Omaha:
• Test Your Pilot Brilliance — Test Your Brilliance — Stay away from the blue boxes, and within the black border! If you can last 18 seconds or longer, you're BRILLIANT. I'm teetering on the edge, with a score of 14.136. Rumor has it that it was used to test pilots entering the Air Force — guess I'm not joining any time soon.
Friday, May 4, 2007
• David Blaine — I'm not a huge fan of David Blaine's shtick — so needless to say, I found this parody absolutely hysterical. The fun doesn't stop there — there's a sequel and it's even better than the first.
• Funderoos — Just as fun as your Spiderman underoos! Only problem is the instructions for this game are not in English. The premise is very close to solitaire, so give it a shot. Shoot me an e-mail if you're really confused.
• Color Therapy — I love the color green, 'cause it’s the color of Kermit. And rumor has it, those green M&Ms are sassy. Check out this article – it’s pretty cool and explains why certain colors have gotten their stigmas and associations.
Thursday, May 3, 2007
Here's what their cameraman had to say about the stunt:
"This clip took place on February 18, 2004. We were in the middle of an online stunt video scavenger hunt. The night before the main guy involved (Trizzie D) had just gone through getting the skin on his head rubbed off by Astroturf and his leg ran over by a car. The next stunt called for someone to smash through a wooden table. While we could have easily done it from ground level, we here at No Mercy Video like to go the extra mile. So a plan to recreate a former backyard wrestling moment came to mind. So Trizz slams Russell off the roof with a move we call the Pentigram.
While rumor has spread that they were both severely injured, that is actually false, Russell (the one taking the move) just had the wind knocked out of him, and Trizz had a sore tailbone which caused him to have to take it easy for a few days, but no doctor visits for either of them. As for those who insult what I said while behind the camera, what would you say when your friends are screaming in pain in front of you?" — Leroy Patterson
OUCH OUCH OUCH! How could they not be injured? I know if I did that, or something even remotely close to it, I'd be broken in a million pieces. Check back periodically, because I will definitely be featuring more from them in the future. Head over to YouTube for an unedited version of that stunt.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
• Go Away — There's a ton of people in this world that I wish would just go away (from the media that is), and this Web animation sums it up perfectly. Make sure to check out some of the other animated jewels from cookiedoughrecords.com. Especially “Play” — mixing animation with the creative sound design this is way better than any iPod commercial I’ve ever seen.
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
• Mahjongg — I know I say all the games I find are addictive, but this one takes the cake.
• For Those About to Rock — Check out this detailed tribute archive of some of rock's GREATEST legends, from Janis Joplin, Freddie Mercury, Jim Morrison, Bradley Nowell, Kurt Cobain and Mama Cass.
• Morph Things Ever wonder what you and "INSERT FAVORITE CELEBRITY HERE" would look like if your faces were morphed into one? Yeah, me too ... but the result was NOT as pretty as I hoped it would be. In fact, it's just down right scary! Sorry Johnny (Depp that is), it looks like I won’t be stealing you away from your beautiful wife after all.