Welcome to the PC&G blog!
My name’s Liz, and I scour the Web for cool sites — not all of them make it into our weekly video package, so we’re posting them right here. I’ll post my finds daily.
Got something you think we should see? Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thursday, June 29, 2007
• Madonna Wannabe — I might have to say that this girl has one of the MOST annoying faces ever. The end's the pay-off, so make sure to watch the entire thing over and over again! http://www.virob.com/virob/flash/196.html
Wednesday, June 28, 2007
Suggested by Rosie from Brooklyn, New York:
Suggested by Chris from Washington, D.C.:
• Kige Ramsey — You've got to subscribe to this YouTube vlog. This guy responds to the latest news in his own special way. There're all great, but I highly suggest taking a look at his post on Nicole Richie. Thanks Chris, great find! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88DX45Ex9yE
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
• Etsy — Where to Begin? No really where do I begin explaining it! Well, here goes nothing ... this site has a unique way of letting you search for products. Simply move your mouse across the page and chose a color, and then an item will be generated for you. Click on the item to find out its purchasing details, or continue to click on other shades. Hope that cleared things up for you. It seems a little complicated, but once you start exploring the site it all comes together. http://www.etsy.com/color.php
Monday, June 25, 2007
• It Changed the World — Here's a collection of photos taken throughout history. They are absolutely breathtaking, but a little too heavy for first thing Monday morning. http://todayspictures.slate.com/20070619/
Friday, June 22, 2007
• Puppies — Yes it's Friday, so here's your cute-animal mindless-site fix! What ROCKS about this site is all you have to do is click one simple button, and a new puppy pic appears right before your eyes. http://www.randomdoggiegenerator.com/
• Wallpaper — This one's a little more complex than puppies, but it's an awesome idea and a great art project. This company designs wallpaper that doesn't get lost behind light fixtures and furniture. http://www.surrealien.de/
Thursday, June 21, 2007
• Best Thing — Which do YOU like better? This site generates two hypothetical scenarios you pick which you like best, then another round is set up for you. I did it for a while, so I don’t know if there is an actual end to it but it amused me for a while, so check it out. http://bestthing.info/
• Tiny Pocket People — It’s exactly what it sounds like, another interesting product out there on the Web. All you have to do is upload a picture of your face; it would be a novel idea if it didn’t cost 44 bucks. http://www.tinypocketpeople.com/
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
• It's Time for the Pixelator — Here's a really interesting art project that's taking a stand against in-your-face advertisements. I'm pretty sure it's illegal, but still very cool. http://www.jasoneppink.com/pixelator/
• Antbuster — Kill all the ants with strategically placed cannons before they eat your food. And to keep it realistic, the makers of this site make it pretty hard to kill these suckers! I suggest NOT playing this one at work. It's extremely addictive, and it might lead to a decrease in productivity. (You've been warned, so don't blame me if the boss catches you!) http://www.gamefools.com/onlinegames/free/Antbuster.html
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
• Pseudo Dictionary — It's finally here! A place where all of your made up words have a home! My all-time favorite entry is "ginormous - Somewhere between gigantic and enormous. Especially handy when describing Jennifer Lopez's rear end." http://www.pseudodictionary.com/
Monday, June 18, 2007
• Baby Names — Here's an interesting time waster for you. Find out how popular your name is - and don't think this is bogus, 'cause these stats are coming right off a government site. http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
• Google: What's for Dinner? — This one's a little old, but useful! Type in a few ingredients you have laying around the house, and Google will cook up a few recipes for you. http://researchbuzz.org/archives/001404.shtml
Friday, June 15, 2007
Since the weekend is slowly creeping up on us, here are a few mindless links to get you through your day. Liz
• Balloon Animals — I always thought a balloon monkey was impressive boy was I wrong. Some of these are so elaborate, it’s hard to believe they’re balloons. http://www.inspireunderground.com/blog/?p=124
Thursday, June 14, 2007
• Thou Dankish Dizzy-Eyed Lout — Yeah that's what I said, and in Shakespearian dialect! Well, I can’t really translate it, but I know it's not very nice. Try out this kit, and insult your friends poetically. http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/shake_rule.html
• Steve, Don't Eat It! — I think I just threw up in my mouth! – Yes I definitely did. http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/cat_steve_dont_eat_it.php
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I don't know why, but I've been really into flash games today. So take a look, 'cause here are some of the most addictive games out there! Liz
• Shuffle — This one's fantastic! It's a cross between checkers and a game of pool. The point is to knock off your opponent's balls before they get you. http://www.shockwave.com/content/shuffle/sis/shuffle.swf
• Mini Putt-Putt — I've brought you a mini golf game before, but this one's new and improved. Might I add that my score has improved as well! Beware of the 11th, 13th, 14th and 17th holes -- they're a little tricky. http://www.wegame.info/games/miniputt3.swf
• Fingerjig — Sounds fancy, but it's not! This site features a very simple flash game that tests your typing skills. Just make sure you have time to play this one because it can take up to six minutes. http://www.jonmiles.co.uk/fingerjig.php
• Walk The Line — So this one kinda reminds me of last Saturday night, but heads up ... it's not in English. It's still pretty cool; get the drunk guy to walk a straight line. To play, just use your mouse to keep him balanced. http://fun.drno.de/flash/HomeRun.swf
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
I've been getting a lot of suggestions lately, so I wanted to take the time and give you my top three user submitted sites. Thanks everyone! Liz
Suggested by Amy from Connecticut:
Suggested by Ninou from New Jersey:
• Death Day — This is a little morbid, but it supposedly calculates exactly when you will die. Now, I’ve seen tests like this before and I've always thought they were stupid, but this one's pretty in-depth. It makes me wonder if more questions make this a credible quiz ... Maybe not. http://www.deathday.org/40289_105033.asp
Suggested by Vinny from New Jersey:
Monday, June 11, 2007
Someone’s got a case of the Mondays, and I think it’s me! Take a look at some of these hysterical web videos. Liz
• Paris Parody — It was just a matter of time before someone ripped off Paris Hilton’s song, "Stars are Blind," and made fun of her going to jail. I might even go as far as saying that these lyrics are ten times better than those of Ms. Hilton ... but how anyone can top her lyrical styling is beyond me.
• Beer Song — If you’re your still fighting off that hangover from Saturday night, then this might make you feel a little ill – but really what’s better than watching drunk Legos sing about beer.
• McDonalds: The Rap — This guy is a cross between “The Sopranos” Michael Imperioli, Adam Goldberg from “Dazed and Confused” and yes the man himself… Tony Danza, Micelli style. Make sure to check out his site for other hysterical videos.
Friday, June 8, 2007
• The Cute Project — It's Friday, and what better way to spend the day than looking at cute itty bitty animals?
• Eyes — Here's another one for your lazy Friday afternoon ... just sit back, watch and be mesmerized.
Thursday, June 7, 2007
• Addictive Frustration — This one actually pissed me off, but that made it even harder to stop playing. I could actually feel my anger rising! Guide the lines to victory in this pseudo car racing game.
• Proceed With Caution! — Warning: This site is really gross, but lets just say Buffalo Bill from “Silence of the Lambs” would be proud.
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
• WiiReject — These are the fantastic games that didn't make it to WiiPlay ... so sad, so sad.
• Flagpole Sitta — Watching entertaining videos on useless information is my favorite pastime. I can't tell if I liked this one or hated it, but for some reason, I couldn't look away. On a more positive note, the fact that this was shot in one take is pretty amazing, and must have taken a lot of directing. Make sure to check out the rest of the site!
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
• Choose Your Shade — Wow if you have a favorite color, this site is for you. Choose a color, and the site generates flickr photos that complement it!
• Pointer — Yet another amazingly addictive flash game - and it kind of reminds me of Pac-Man. Lead the letters through the maze, and conquer the next level. Let me know how you do!
• Buildings — This site features some of the most interesting buildings in the world. How these were built really boggles my mind.
Monday, June 4, 2007
• Crazy Hotels and Motels — This site features some of the strangest hotels from around the world. Now, I don't know how much it would cost ... but I think a stay at the underwater hotel in Fiji would be pretty interesting.
• Movie Reviews — Now, this is a great site for movie reviews. Make sure you check out their "Top 25 Must See Movies."
• Street Peeper — Don't be too disturbed this site is not as perverted as it sounds! It's a good thing too, because that would just be creepy. This site has awesome fashions from around the world, and they even give details on where to buy them.
Suggested by Fran from New York;
• Brave Tempers — Wow this guy really losses it!
Friday, June 1, 2007, 2007
• Holy Origami — Now I've never been good at creasing sheets of colored paper, but these origami designs look pretty awesome. There's also some intense instructions, so try your luck and let me know how it goes.
• Human Art — Japanese theater at its finest. Not to spoil it, but there are some pretty sweet matrix style moves in there.
• Ewwwwww — OK, I'm warning you, these are pretty nasty ... but it's like a train wreck that you can't help but look at. Look at some of the strange things people shove in jars... and no, I'm not talking about your Grandma's preserves.
• "I Think We're Dead" — This is guaranteed to become a new Web classic and the fact that the reporter off-screen snorts makes it even better.