Visit GreatScottChef.com for more delicious recipes.
For sweet potato puree: (As seen on FOX & Friends)
Yields 2 qrts=8-8oz. portions
8 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp salt
1 onion pick - 1 medium onion peeled, bay leaves attached to it with whole cloves
1. Peel sweet potatoes, cut into 2 slices and put in cold water immediately as sweet potatoes will oxidize quickly.
2. Put 2 tbsp of salt in water. Be sure to have enough water to cover content by 3. Put over medium heat and add onion pick. Bring to simmer at 180°. Use a fork and put through sweet potato to determine its doneness.
*Note - Never bring to rolling boil as sweet potatoes will break down too quickly.
3. Put through colander once finished and remove onion pick, then put in blender.
*Note - Never fill blender with hot contents to fullness as it will cause it to build pressure & overflow.
4. Puree and reserve.
For Granny Smith Apples and Banana Cream:
4 medium sized apples
2 bananas (Note - bananas must be ripened if not over ripened because you need the residual sugar from them.)
1 oz. grape seed oil
2 oz. butter
6 oz. heavy cream
2 tbsp granulated sugar
3 oz. honey
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/8 slices.
2. Peel and slice bananas.
3. In cold pan, add 1 oz. grapeseed oil to 2 oz. of butter and apples. Sweat apples until soft. (Sweat=to cook through without gaining color).
4. Add bananas, 6 oz. heavy cream, & 2 tbsp granulated sugar. Heat until all is cooked through. Remove form heat and combine with sweet potato puree in blender.
5. Add 3 oz. honey, 1 tsp ginger powder, & 1 tbsp cinnamon.
6. Puree and serve hot