ASPEN, Colo. – The Pitkin County Sheriff's office identified a family of four found dead at an Aspen home with high levels of carbon monoxide.
The sheriff's office said Saturday the family was 39-year-old Parker Lofgren, 42-year-old Caroline Lofgren, and their children Owen, 10, and Sophie, 8.
The sheriff's office says friends found the family at a home a few miles east of Aspen Friday evening.
The family was visiting Aspen for the holiday weekend. It was not immediately clear where the family was visiting from.
Sheriff spokeswoman Marie Munday says technicians found that a malfunction of the hot water and snowmelt systems led to extreme levels of carbon monoxide.
Autopsies are pending in Grand Junction.