CINCINNATI – A 14-year-old boy awaiting trial for murder has been charged with a second slaying.
The teenager, who was arrested this month, was charged Tuesday in a May 17 shooting death. He was charged earlier in a May 13 murder.
"It's unbelievable. It's a sad commentary on the state of our community," Hamilton County Prosecutor Mike Allen said.
The victims, George Vance, 27, and David Hutchinson, 20, also had been robbed, Allen said.
The teenager is being held in a juvenile jail. He is due in court Friday to decide whether he should be tried as an adult in the May 13 murder and to be arraigned on the latest charge.
The boy's lawyer, public defender Terry Weber (search), said he has not talked to his client about the new charge. The teen denied the other charge.
Five juveniles have been charged with homicides in Cincinnati (search) this year.