The Colts' playoffs hopes are still alive.
They may be oh, so slim, but Indy is one step closer than it was on Monday afternoon.
The first step -- or result -- the Colts needed was for the Broncos to beat the Bengals in Denver on Monday night.
It didn't look good early on as Cincy scored TDs on its first two possessions and led 14-3 at the half. But Denver rallied and despite missing a field-goal attempt to win as time expired the Broncos prevailed in overtime for a 20-17 victory.
First step complete. Nine to go.
Here's what else must happen for the Colts to make the postseason (Odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook):
1 P.M. ET
1. Obviously, the Colts must beat the Titans in Indy (line off the board)
2. Falcons (-4) beat visiting Saints
3. Steelers (-10) win at Browns
4. Bills beat visiting Jets (-3)
5. Jaguars win at Texans (-5½)
6. Ravens win at Bengals (-7)
7. Dolphins beat visiting Patriots (-9)
4:25 P.M. ET
8. Broncos (-7½) beat visiting Chargers
9. Raiders win at Chiefs (-6½)
If all this happens, the Colts would win the AFC South over the Texans on the sixth tiebreaker -- strength of schedule.
Sure, going 9 for 9 here looks dim, but long shots come in every once in a while.