Los Angeles Clippers star Blake Griffin facing misdemeanor charge in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS – Los Angeles Clippers star Blake Griffin is facing a misdemeanor battery charge stemming from a scuffle with a man at a Las Vegas Strip nightclub, according to court records obtained Wednesday.
The 25-year-old Griffin is due for arraignment Dec. 8 before a Las Vegas justice of the peace on a charge that could get him up to six months in jail if he is convicted. The criminal complaint was filed Friday, and a summons was issued for his appearance in court.
The Clippers were aware of the complaint, team spokesman Seth Burton said, but had no immediate comment.
It wasn't immediately clear if Griffin had a Las Vegas lawyer handling the case.
Las Vegas police said last month that they were investigating a man's claim that Griffin attacked him early Oct. 19.
The complaint lists the victim as Daniel Schuman. An attempt to reach Schuman by telephone wasn't immediately successful.
The celebrity news website TMZ quoted Schuman saying that Griffin grabbed his neck, took his cellphone and slapped him after he took a photo at Tao nightclub at the Venetian resort.
Griffin and other Clippers players were at the club after playing an exhibition game in Las Vegas against the Denver Nuggets.