Let's get to today's interesting facts, using DraftKings prices. All 15 games are included in the night slate. Please note that much of the information in this post is being published several hours prior to game times, so check MLB lineups later to confirm that any recommended players are included.
5 Things to Watch:
1. Aces, aces everywhere! Clayton Kershaw ($13,700) faces the Angels, we've got a Scherzer-Syndergaard matchup in Queens, Madison Bumgarner ($12,500) pitches against the awful Padres, and the Chris Archer-Marcus Stroman faceoff looks pretty good. The pitching is so strong that seven games on the schedule carry projected run totals of 7.5 or fewer. Kershaw is a prohibitive favorite at -290.
2. Want to pivot away from the big ticket starters, or supplement an ace with a low-cost option? Pittsburgh's Juan Nicasio ($7,300) is a -172 favorite vs. the anemic Braves.
3. Yo, BvPers: Miguel Cabrera ($4,400) is 18-for-41 with six home runs vs. Phil Hughes ... Freddie Freeman ($4,300) is six-for-12 with four walks and four homers vs. Nicasio ... Robinson Cano ($5,300) is six-for-12 with two homers vs. Ubaldo Jimenez ... Evan Longoria ($3,400) is six-for-12 with a couple of homers vs. Stroman.
4. Dodgers 1B Adrian Gonzalez left Monday's game with back tightness, putting his Tuesday status up in the air. Pirates OF Starling Marte has been placed on the paternity list - he and his wife had a baby girl on Monday - and his availability for Tuesday is TBD. Matt Joyce ($3,300) played well in Marte's absence on Monday, with three hits, a homers, three RBI and two runs scored. Joyce, who has a .349 career wOBA vs. RHP, has a 1.267 OPS with five home runs in 54 plate appearances this season. The Bucs face Braves' rookie Aaron Blair tonight.
5. Bargain hunters: D-backs C Chris Herrmann ($3,100) has four double-digit DK games in his last six starts ... Orioles 2B Jonathan Schoop ($2,900) is 14-for-40 with three homers in his last 10 games ... Astros 1B/3B Marwin Gonzlaez ($3,000) has five double-digit DK games in his last eight starts, and has been mashing LHP again this season (.419 wOBA). Remember that Gonzalez's teammate, Jose Altuve, is money in the bank vs. southpaws ... As good as Jaime Garcia has been, Rockies OF Ryan Raburn ($2,700) is always a solid bet against a lefty.
Adam Meyer's daily fantasy baseball suggestions for Tuesday...
Steve Pearce was the deal o'day and he homered in his first AB. Paul Goldschmidt also added a homer run in his first at-bat of the evening. As for the pitchers, Drew Smyley (5 IP, 1 ER, 6 Ks, and a W) and Jonathon Niese (6 IP, 2 ER, 6 Ks, and a W) did just enough to get the job done.
Must-Start of the day: Mark Trumbo, BAL
He is crushing lefties this year to the tune of a .457 ISO.
Deal of the day: Dodgers outfielders
Trayce Thompson and Joc Pederson both have great ISOs against righties this season. Also, Yasiel Puig is priced in the same area.
Avoid of the day: Nelson Cruz, SEA
He is 0-12 with nine strikeouts against Ubaldo Jimenez.
Stack of the day: Chicago Cubs
It will be hard to stack the big bats, but adding either Anthony Rizzo or Kris Bryant to a lineup with Javier Baez, Dexter Fowler, and Jason Heyward could be a great group of bats tonight.
Pick an ace, any ace - There are three games with very low over/unders (less than seven total runs): WAS/NYM, SF/SD, and LAA/LAD. Clayton Kershaw (-286) and Madison Bumgarner (-168) are large favorites. As for the third contest, Noah Syndergaard (-125) has the slight edge over Max Scherzer. Strikeout-wise: Kershaw has punched out at least 10 batters in five-straight starts, Bumgarner gets the whiff-proned Padres, and Scherzer is coming off of his 20-K performance.
Kyle Hendricks, CHC - It will be very difficult to have two top-tier aces in your lineup, but Hendricks can provide some salary relief. He's been consistent and the Brewers strike out a bunch, too.
Chris Herrmann, ARI - He was suggested yesterday and he delivered. Now, Herrmann has a .358 ISO against righties.
Victor Martinez, DET - He has a .210 ISO against righties this year.
Tommy Joseph, PHI - He's a great punt play in order to get those expensive arms into your DFS lineup.
Miguel Cabrera, DET - (See "5 Things")
Freddie Freeman, ATL - (See "5 Things")
Anthony Rizzo, CHC - He has a .380 ISO against righties this season.
Paul Goldschmidt, ARI - He has a .241 ISO against righties this year.
Robinson Cano, SEA - (See "5 Things")
Brett Lawrie, CWS - He has a .276 ISO against right-handed pitchers this year.
Jonathan Schoop, BAL - He has a .200 ISO against lefties this season.
Evan Longoria, TB - (See "5 Things")
Todd Frazier, CWS - He has a .286 ISO against righties in 2016.
Jake Lamb, ARI - After a great game on Monday, Lamb will be a popular choice today. He has a .250 ISO against right-handed pitchers this season.
Jimmy Rollins, CWS - He will likely bat second and Rollins has a .412 ISO against righties this season.
Manny Machado, BAL - He averages double-digit DFS points against lefties this season, on both FanDuel (13.7) and DraftKings (10.6).
Mark Trumbo, BAL - "Must-start of the day"
Dexter Fowler, CHC - He has a .236 ISO against righties in 2016.
Joc Pederson, LAD - I hate that he bats low in the lineup, but Pederson has a .253 ISO against righties in 2016.
Trayce Thompson, LAD - After his two-HR game on Monday, Thompson now has a .316 ISO against right-handed pitchers this year.
Brandon Drury, ARI - He has a .250 ISO against righties this year.
Matt Joyce, PIT - (See "5 Things")