Martin Truex Jr. drew the pole position for Saturday night’s Budweiser Shootout NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Daytona International Speedway.
As has been the custom in recent years, the 25 drivers drew their starting positions from Budweiser bottles as part of SPEED’s Budweiser Shootout Selection Show Friday night at the 2.5-mile track.
Truex was the 18th of 25 drivers to draw, and he will start on the pole in his No. 56 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota. He’ll be flanked by Kyle Busch in the No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota, with Brad Keselowski and on Row 2.
The Budweiser Shootout starting grid:
1. Martin Truex Jr., Michael Waltrip Racing
2. Kyle Busch, Joe Gibbs Racing
3. Brad Keselowski, Penske Racing
4. Jamie McMurray, Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
5. David Ragan Front Row Motorsports
6. Kurt Busch, Phoenix Racing
7. Greg Biffle, Roush Fenway Racing
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr., Hendrick Motorsports
9. AJ Allmendinger, Penske Racing
10. Joey Logano, Joe Gibbs Racing
11. Carl Edwards, Roush Fenway Racing
12. Jeff Burton , Richard Childress Racing
13. Ryan Newman, Stewart-Haas Racing
14. Jeff Gordon, Hendrick Motorsports
15. Tony Stewart, Stewart-Haas Racing
16. Denny Hamlin, Joe Gibbs Racing
17. Clint Bowyer, Michael Waltrip Racing
18. Jimmie Johnson, Hendrick Motorsports
19. Kasey Kahne, Hendrick Motorsports
20. Michael Waltrip, Michael Waltrip Racing
21. Marcos Ambrose, Richard Petty Motorsports
22. Kevin Harvick, Richard Childress Racing
23. Matt Kenseth , Roush Fenway Racing
24. Paul Menard, Richard Childress Racing
25. Juan Pablo Montoya, Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
Tom Jensen is the Editor in Chief of SPEED.com, Senior NASCAR Editor at RACER and a contributing Editor for TruckSeries.com. You can follow him online at twitter.com/tomjensen100.