D.C. United 3 -- Montego Bay United 0

Another methodical performance carried D.C. United to a second consecutive Champions League triumph. Montego Bay posed a threat on the break for most of the night at RFK Stadium, but Andrew Dykstra produced a good save at his near post in the early stages and watched his teammates respond by taking firm control of the proceedings. Miguel Aguilar completed a tidy move to notch his second goal in two Champions League matches to give the home side the lead before halftime. Kofi Opare doubled the advantage when he turned home the remnants of a corner kick from close range. Conor Doyle rounded off an efficient night with the third in the 90th minute as the Eastern Conference leaders moved within a victory of securing top spot in Group H.

Saprissa 2 -- Santos Laguna 1

Saprissa climbed atop Group A with a spirited second-half response at Estadio Ricardo Saprissa. Javier Orozco provided Santos with the perfect start when he finished off an opportunity conjured by Djaniny and Diego Gonzalez. The visitors eventually started to buckle under stern examination and succumbed after the interval. Marvin Angulo restored parity when he slipped a free kick under the Santos wall early in the second half. Nestor Araujo then sent Santos spiraling to defeat when he turned a threatening square pass into his own net inside the final quarter of an hour. The two sides face trips to W Connection in Trinidad and Tobago before a potentially decisive re-match to decide the group winner in October.

Municipal 2 -- Santa Tecla 1

Carlos Ruiz converted from the spot four minutes from time to lift Municipal to victory at Estadio Mateo Flores. Municipal took the lead inside the opening 20 minutes as Johnny Woodly kept his wits at the near post and poked home as a defender dragged him to the ground. The home side exerted control of the proceedings until Keylor Soto procured a red card for a two-footed tackle just after the hour. Santa Tecla pushed for an equalizer and secured it when Ricardo Ferreira slotted home from the spot. The match appeared headed for a draw until Ruiz ghosted behind the Santa Tecla defense and prompted Derby Carrillo to haul him down inside the penalty area. Carrillo received a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity before Ruiz coolly slotted home the winner. The result leaves Municipal atop Group G with four points from three games, but second-place Real Salt Lake (3 points) holds two games in hand.