Patrick Sharp scored with 5.5 seconds left in regulation, and Bryan Bickell capitalized on a turnover in the extra session, giving Chicago a 4-3 win over Phoenix in Game 2 of their Western Conference quarterfinal series.

On Thursday, Brent Seabrook tallied the equalizer with 14.2 seconds left in the third period, but the Coyotes won in OT on Martin Hanzal's tally.

This time, the Blackhawks would not be denied as they fired 50 shots at Mike Smith, including 11 in overtime. Phoenix center Antoine Vermette passed the puck behind his own net to Adrian Aucoin, but the subsequent pass along the left boards deflected to Viktor Stalberg. He passed to the slot for Bickell, who buried his second goal of the night.

Corey Crawford made 30 saves and the Blackhawks also got a goal from Brandon Bollig to send the best-of-seven set back to the Windy City even. Game 3 is Tuesday night.

Vermette scored twice and Raffi Torres had the other goal for the third-seeded Coyotes.

Sharp got his stick up and deflected Seabrook's shot from the high slot low to the right side of the net to tie the game. It was Chicago's 10th shot of the final period.

The Coyotes nearly scored 5:25 into overtime. Crawford stopped a shot from the left circle, but Vermette nearly put in the rebound. Crawford was able to cover the disc, and the Blackhawks then took advantage of Phoenix failing to get out of its zone.

Bickell scored 3:05 into the game on the power play, but Torres tied it less than six minutes later on a blast from the left circle.

Vermette gave the Coyotes a 2-1 edge with 6:16 left in the first. Phoenix went to the power play thanks to an interference call on Jonathan Toews, and Vermette deflected Keith Yandle's slot shot past Crawford.

Bollig's first career NHL goal, in the regular season or playoffs, evened the contest, 2-2 at 6:57 of the second with a successful snap shot from above the left circle.

The game turned ugly with 12:49 left in the second when Chicago center Andrew Shaw was given a game misconduct and five-minute penalty for colliding his left shoulder to the helmet of Smith. The Phoenix netminder went to play the puck behind the net when the collision took place. Smith crumpled to the ice and received medical attention but continued to play.

Vermette scored on the power play via wrister from the left circle less than two minutes later.

Game Notes

Chicago was 1-for-3 on the power play, while Phoenix was 2-for-4...The Coyotes had killed off 30 consecutive opposition power plays coming into Saturday.