NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) A Rutgers University student who says she was sexually assaulted by two football players last year reportedly received a written apology from one of her alleged attackers.
NJ.com reports (http://bit.ly/2f5cdUp ) the unidentified woman filed a lawsuit last week alleging that former Scarlet Knight football players Marques Ford and John Bowers sexually assaulted her after she drank too much and became incapacitated at a November 2015 party.
Bowers was dating the then-18-year-old freshman at the time of the alleged attack.
Attorney Jeffrey Fritz says his client received a series of messages from Bowers in which he apologized for the assault and blamed Ford.
Bowers and Ford have since left Rutgers. They have not been charged. Neither responded Tuesday to requests for comment.
Rutgers officials also have declined to comment.
Information from: NJ.com, http://www.nj.com