Have you heard? China is set to pass America as the world's #1 economy. THIS YEAR.
For many years now we've been told this day of reckoning was years, if not decades away. We always knew it would come someday. But under the leadership and economic policies of Obama, it's suddenly jumped way ahead of all previous projections.
What an embarrassment. The USA has had the unchallenged #1 economy in world since 1872 (when we passed the United Kingdom). 1872. Eighteen hundred and seventy two. Let that sink in for a while.
142 years of world dominance erased in only six years under one man's leadership.
But wait. As an infomercial pitchman might say, "There's much more."
The same thing happening to the economy is happening to the American quality of life. Under Obama, for the first time in history our middle class isn’t #1 in the world. Canada's middle class is now number one. And the entire rest of the world is catching up fast. Soon we'll be #10, then #20. How low can we go?
The same thing is happening to entrepreneurs and small business. For the first time in history businesses in America are being destroyed faster than they are starting. Amazing.
- Under Obama there are now more food stamp recipients than the number of women working full-time in America.
- Under Obama the average full-time male employee now earns less (adjusted for inflation) than 40 years ago.
- Under Obama there are now 70% more Americans collecting entitlement checks than working in the private sector (148 million “takers” vs. 86 million “makers”). This isn’t a conservative opinion. It’s a fact provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Under Obama the number of working-age Americans not in the labor force is at all-time highs.
- Under Obama the workplace participation rate of men is the lowest in history.
- Under Obama the workforce participation rate of women is the lowest on record.
- Under Obama the workforce participation rate for black Americans is at the lowest level ever recorded.
- Over 800,000 people dropped out of the workforce last month. That's almost one million Americans who have given up…in a month.
Because millions of the unemployed have given up looking for work, the unemployment rate has dropped to 6.3%. Obama calls that's good news. Heck at this rate the whole nation might give up looking for a job by the time Obama leaves office…and he'll report we have reached full employment.
One man -- Obama -- has done that much damage. So forget the debate over whether Obama is a radical Marxist intent on the destruction of capitalism and America; or whether he's an inexperienced, incompetent, economically-ignorant megalomaniac.
Does it really matter?
Obama is like the old joke about a dying man lying in the hospital with his wife of 50 years:
Murray is lying on his death bed in a hospital room. His wife Ida sits by his side.
Murray says, "Ida you've always been by my side."
"You were there when I flunked out of college…
You were there when I was fired from my first job…
You were there when I opened a business and it failed.
You were there when I filed for bankruptcy…
You were there when I was paralyzed in the car crash…
Now you're here by my side as I lay dying of cancer….
I've given this a lot of thought…
Ida, darling...You're a jinx. Get the hell out of my hospital room!"
At some point you just have to conclude that Obama is our jinx. It doesn't matter if it's on purpose, or by mistake. The man is ruining our lives, our economy, our jobs, and most importantly, our children's future.
And by the way, it isn't just America he's brought bad luck to. Obama hasn't exactly been a good luck charm for the people of the European Union, Israel, Egypt, Syria, Libya, Iran, Afghanistan, North Korea or Ukraine either.
Obama is quite simply a jinx. Bad news. A walking disaster.
Except for China and Russia. Those two evil empires suddenly turned BFF (best friends forever) are thriving. All of our losses appear to be their gains.
Remember when Obama leaned over and whispered to the president of Russia that after his re-election he'd have "more flexibility" to help Putin out. Don’t look now, but it’s happening exactly as Obama whispered. I’m just surprised he didn’t whisper in Russian.
It seems every country in the world has been badly damaged by the policies of Obama…except Russia and China. Our decline is their shining moment.
Suddenly the world is Putin's oyster.
Suddenly our military is a feckless joke, incapable of stopping Russia's expansion plans.
Suddenly our obsession with green energy allows Russia’s economy to soar with energy revenues.
Suddenly our economy is stuck in reverse, while China’s economy explodes. Coincidence?
Funny how all this worked out.