Judging by the recent skyrocketing Powerball jackpot, Americans are willing to turn a blind eye to statistics in the pursuit of easy money. But it turns out that's not the worst thing we'd do for a payday.
"Many Americans admit they would be willing to go to incredible, often horrible lengths for a big, fat check," states the New York Daily News, which looked at a survey of 1,000 people conducted by OnePoll.com.
So, without further ado, here are 10 of those horrible lengths Americans will go to for money:
- 6 percent of people would commit murder for $1 billion.
- 10 percent would enter into a sham marriage for $100,000.
- 15 percent of people would shoplift for $1,000.
- 10 percent would perform a sex act on a stranger for $100,000.
- 15 percent would fake their own death for $100 million.
- 10 percent would do amateur porn for $1 million.
- 25 percent would donate sperm or eggs without their partner's knowledge for $100 million.
- 10 percent would punch a stranger in the face for $1 million.
- 20 percent would flash a stranger for $10,000.
- 10 percent would commit treason for $1 billion.
Read the full story here.